Shop Make-up & colour
Shop Bath & body
Shop Men's grooming
SHOP BEAUTY GIFTS
Home & Tech
Food & Drink
Shop Meet The Makers
Shop Wines & Spirits
- Wonder room
The Festival of Imagination Competition
— 17 February 2014
As part of our inspiring new campaign, we asked you to help us find the next big idea in retail. After hundreds of entries, a public Facebook vote and a live final in the Selfridges London Imaginarium, our panel of industry experts have now revealed the winning idea which will become a reality at Selfridges.
AND THE WINNER IS...
AMY BROWN'S 'BEAUTY PERSONAL SHOPPER' IDEA
Amy's simple yet inspired idea is to introduce a dedicated personal shopping service in our world-famous beauty hall, providing unbiased, unbranded advice on all things beauty. Alongside a Festival of Imagination prize worth over £1,000, Amy will see her idea come to life at Selfridges within a year.
Our deserving runners-up are...
IAIN WEIR'S 'YELLOW BAG YOURSELF' IDEA
LAUREN KIRK'S 'SECOND OPINION' IDEA
A huge congratulations to all of our finalists and thank you to everybody who submitted an idea, you certainly are an imaginative bunch.
Terms and conditions
1. These Terms and Conditions together with any other Selfridges' terms and conditions are the Competition rules (the "Rules") and apply to The Festival of Imagination at Selfridges (the "Competition"). By entering this Competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Rules.
2. The Competition is organised by Selfridges Retail Limited, 400 Oxford Street, London W1A 1AB ("Selfridges").
3. Selfridges reserves the right to cancel and amend the Competition or these Rules at any time and without prior notice.
4. In the event of any dispute regarding these Rules and all other matters relating to the Competition, the decision of Selfridges shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into. Qualifying Entrants
5. The Competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom, who are aged 16 years old or over and where below 18 years old their parent(s) or guardian(s) have permitted them to enter the Competition.
6. Selfridges reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe that the entrant has breached any of these Rules.
Competition Entries7. The Competition will run from 00:01 GMT on Thursday 9th January 2014 until 00:01 GMT on Thursday 22nd January 2014 (the “Competition Period”). Failure to submit an entry within the Competition Period will render it invalid.
8. All entrants to the Competition are required to submit, in no more than 500 characters, their description of an innovative shopping experience/service which they believe does not currently exist, or a current shopping experience/service which does exist but which could be significantly improved upon (the “Big Retail Idea”).
9. The Big Retail Idea should be submitted via/to www.selfridges.com/festivalofimagination
10. Each Big Retail Idea will be individually assessed by a panel of retail experts (the “Selfridges Panel”) and a semi finalist shortlist (the “Semi Finalists”) will be notified via personal email on Friday 31th January2014.
11. All Semi Finalists are then required to further explain their Big Retail Idea through creating and submitting a video (the “Big Retail Idea Video”) which should be no longer than 3 minutes to firstname.lastname@example.org by 7th February 2014.
12. Each Big Retail Idea Video will be uploaded onto the Selfridges’ Facebook page whereby the general public will be able to vote online for their favourite. The public vote will commence on commence at 12.00 on 10th February and will end on at 12.00 17th February 2014.
13. A finalist shortlist (the “Finalists) will be contacted on 17th February 2014 and will comprise the Semi Finalist who received the most general public votes and two Semi Finalists chosen by the Selfridges Panel. In the event of a public vote tie, the Selfridges Panel will then have the final casting vote.
14. The Finalists will then be invited to take part in a live event at Selfridges London (at 400 Oxford Street, London W1A 1AB) on Thursday 20th February 2014, whereby the Finalists will pitch their Big Retail Idea in front of the Selfridges Panel (the “Live Pitches”).
15. The Finalists must be available to attend the Live Pitches on Thursday 20th February 2014. No alternative date can be provided.
16. The Finalists must arrange their own transport to and from 400 Oxford Street.
17. Following the Live Pitches the Selfridges Panel will then select the overall winner of the Competition (the “Winner”)
18. Selfridges aim to provide each of the Finalists with their prizes within 4 weeks of the Winner being selected.
19. Participation in this Competition is subject to entrants having access to the internet.
20. For the purposes of the Competition each entrant will be limited to providing one Big Retail Idea.
21. No purchase is required for entry into the Competition.
22. All entrants hereby acknowledge and accept that all intellectual property rights residing with their submitted Big Retail Idea, Big Retail Idea Video and Live Pitch will automatically be assigned to Selfridges at the point of being submitted/presented to Selfridges. Selfridges will subsequently have the exclusive right to utilise all such intellectual property rights at their sole discretion.
23. All entrants agree that Selfridges may use the entrant’s Big Retail Idea, Big Retail Idea Video, any related footage of the Live Pitch, photographs, biographical information provided by the entrants and/or any statement made by them concerning the Competition and/or the prizes in connection with publicising the Competition, in any and all media in perpetuity throughout the world as Selfridges in its sole discretion see fits, without further consent or payment.
24. All Competition entrants warrant and represent that their entry, amongst other things:
a) is their original work;b) has not previously been submitted in any other competition or other promotion;c) does not include protected material which is the property of a third party; d) does not violate any applicable national or international laws; and e) does not feature, refer to, or mention any other retailers or mimic any ideas that have been used by other retailer companies.
Prize25. The Finalists will be entitled to the following prizes: - The Winner – £500 Selfridges gift card, £500 of Festival of Imagination from the concept store, and £250 to spend at the School of Life. The Winner’s Big Retail Idea will, subject to its viability and any other relevant factors, be implemented by Selfridges within one year of the Winner being announced. - The other two Finalists - £250 Selfridges gift card, £250 of Festival of Imagination from the concept store, and £100 to spend at the School of Life.
26. The prizes are non-transferable and non-exchangeable and there is no cash alternative.
27. Selfridges reserves the right to request written proof of age of any winner.
28. Selfridges does not accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered howsoever arising from the Competition, whether due to any errors or omissions or other cause by Selfridges, its employees, agents or others to the fullest extent permitted by law. Nothing shall exclude Selfridges' liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
29. Selfridges will not be liable to any entrant or to any other person in the event that all or any part of the Competition is discontinued, modified or changed in any way.
30. Entrants agree to reimburse Selfridges in respect of any damages suffered by Selfridges resulting from any claim made by a third party in respect of any matter arising from the entrant's entry to the Competition in breach of these Rules or from the entrant's violation of any applicable law or regulation.
31. For details of the winner (name and county) please visit http://style.selfridges.com/?llc=tn within 2 weeks of the Live Pitch.
32. The Competition and these Rules will be governed exclusively by English law and any dispute settled by English Courts.
You can contact us in relation to this Competition by writing to: Ecommerce Marketing Department, Selfridges & Co, 400 Oxford Street, London, W1A 1AB