Shop Bath & body
Shop Men's grooming
SHOP BEAUTY GIFTS
Home & Tech
Food & Drink
- What's On
Bright Young Things showcase at Selfridges
— 5 January 2012
Following the success of 2011’s ‘Bright Young Things’, the pioneering project by Selfridges to seek out and champion the most exciting young creators in the UK, January 2012 sees us re-launch the campaign on an even greater scale.
The second Bright Young Things scheme features a total of fifteen UK-based emerging talents from the worlds of fashion, art and design and food.
From 6 January 2012 until the end of February, each of the Bright Young Things will take over an Oxford Street or Duke Street window – their brief is solely to communicate the essence of their work. With one million people walking past the famous windows every week, the displays provide an incredible launch-pad for these fledgling designers to showcase their creations to the public.
The Bright Young Things’ products will be available to buy from three pop up shops in store as well as online at Selfridges.com.
2012’s Bright Young Things are:
- Sorcha O’Raghallaigh – womenswear designer and illustrator
- Adam Andrascik – womenswear designer
- Maarten van der Horst – womenswear designer
- Alice Lee – womenswear designer
- MASC - womenswear designer
- Shaun Samson – menswear designer
- Astrid Anderson – menswear designer
- William Richard Green – menswear designer
- Alex Mattsson – menswear designer
- Oliver Ruuger – accessories designer
- T.lipop – menswear and accessories designer
ART & DESIGN
- Becky Sloan – artist and propmaker
- Tinker & Tailor – artists and interior designers
- Archie McLeish – graphic illustrator and product designer
- Nuha Razik – photographer
- Jack Coleman – coffee roaster
In addition to the designers selected by the Selfridges team, one of the Duke Street store windows will showcase the work of seven designers from the University of the Arts London’s prestigious Future Map programme. The Future Map graduates to feature in the window are Alex Kwan, Chieh Ting Huang, Joanna Mires, Jy Yeon Suh, Karin Soderquist, Matthew Nicholson and Pip Jolley.
Image above: Bright Young Things- Shaun Samson, Maarten van der Horst, Alex Mattson, Sorcha O’Raghallaigh